– All NPCs behave and move realistically. Animals hunt and defend themselves, reproduce and eventually die due to old age –
– Animals can turn into zombies –
With the following, we want to explain our AI in more detail:
- …have their own goals, which they pursue independently from the player’s presence (e.g. villagers do their work, animals actively search for food and reproduce, bandits and zombies attack villages and outposts)
- …can memorize the actions of the players and adjust their reaction accordingly (e.g. not scared animals run away if they are harmed, villagers and traders react negatively if they are robbed and remember this for a long time)
- …interacts with the game world and its mechanics (e.g. AI reacts to weather influences and seasons.